Open to undergraduate students applying to the Study Scholarship and graduate students who want to obtain a graduate degree or conduct long term research in Germany for a period of 7-24 months (depending on the program).
- Study Scholarship (open to students in their final year of undergraduate study or currently in a Master's program)
- Research Grants (open to students at both the Master's and Doctoral level)
- Any enrolled NYU graduate (Research Grant) and undergraduate student (Study Scholarship).
- Our office works with all academic levels for this award.
- US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents. More details here.
Grant Period: 7-24 months. See information for each program here.
Award Amount: See information for each program here.
NYU Internal Process: YES for Study Scholarships and Long Term Research Grants. To apply, members of the NYU Community can see details on the NYU DAAD Application Process here and please read NYU-specific instructions below.
This program supports student study and research in Germany. Research grants and scholarships are available at the Ph.D., Master’s and Undergraduate levels. In addition to these opportunities, DAAD also offers other long and short-term grants in the areas of the arts, science and engineering, language study, and journalism. Students interested in these additional opportunities should send their applications directly to DAAD, as they do not fall within the NYU campus submission process. The NYU campus process only pertains to applicants for the Study Scholarships or Long-term Research Grants.
Short-term research grant applicants should apply directly to the DAAD New York Office. For more information, please visit the DAAD website.