To access NYUHome, admitted students need to have a NetID, a password, and a University ID number (applicants are assigned a University ID number at the time of application).
Obtaining your NetID
Your NetID is included in your admission letter. If you do not have access to your letter, then follow the steps below:
- To obtain your NetID, log on to https://start.nyu.edu.
- Click on the link on the right that says "Don't know your NetID?"
- You will then be prompted to input your University ID number, date of birth and personal email address, if you have one.
- After you have entered this information, click on "Continue" and you will be assigned a NetID.
Activiating your NetID
Activating your NYU Google Apps account
Once you activate your NetID and create password, you will have access to NYU Google Apps. Your NetID is also used to create your official NYU email address (e.g., aqe...@nyu.edu). No separate NYU Google Apps account activation is necessary. However, if you choose to access your NYU Email and NYU Calendar service via a desktop client or mobile device rather than through NYUHome or via the Web (e.g., email.nyu.edu, calendar.nyu.edu, drive.nyu.edu, groups.nyu.edu, sites.nyu.edu), you will need to complete specific NYU NetID Activation Instructions.
- After you have obtained your NetID and password you are free to access the off-campus housing list.
- Log on to NYUHome and enter your NetID and password, and click on "go."