A representative must be appointed to ensure that all guidelines are understood and met.
- You may schedule use of the conference room by completing this online form. In order to ensure that your event runs smoothly, please appoint a representative to stay for its duration. If this is not possible, s/he must be present for the start/set-up and completion/clean-up of the event.
- Conference room events should begin no earlier than 9:30 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m.
- If you are expecting guests who may not be familiar with the location, you can post a conspicuous sign outside of the DCR entrance and/or the main entrance for the event. The sign should state the name of the meeting, the start and end times of the meeting, and the representative’s name and phone number.
- Please keep the door to the DCR open until the meeting begins so that participants may use it as an entrance rather than the main door to reception.
Catering and Campus Media
- Please ensure that the representative is present for the arrival of the caterer or Campus Media to sign for delivery and to give proper instructions. The staff of the GSAS Office of the Dean is not responsible for assisting the caterer.
- If you choose to serve food and/or beverages, please make arrangements to have all food and dishes removed. If you wish to utilize our refrigerator, please make arrangements with the Dean’s Office staff. Food and beverages stored in the GSAS Dean’s Office kitchen are not to be used for your meeting.
- If you will need audio-visual equipment, you must make arrangements with Campus Media. We suggest that you request that an equipment operator accompany your materials. At the close of your event, this person can remove the equipment.
Care of the Space
- Please leave the space as you found it, e.g.: chairs in original spots, conference room door to hall closed and locked (please exit through the main entrance to the Dean’s Office), dishes returned to kitchen, and placed in dishwasher. Please also reopen the back doors of the Conference Room and remove the sign upon leaving.
- When disposing of trash, please separate all recyclable material and place in the appropriate recycling containers located in the kitchen.
Accommodations and Available Services
- Please indicate the approximate size of your group when booking the Dean’s Conference Room. There are sixteen chairs in the Dean’s Conference Room. 12 can sit comfortably at the table. Additional (folding) chairs can be found in the hall closet in the alcove. If the group is larger than 16, please contact Kris Choe (212-998-8041).
- Two folding tables, convenient for catered meetings, are stored in the copy room.
- There are placemats and coasters available for your use in the second drawer of the secretary in the Dean’s Conference Room. Please put them out during meetings where hot food or drinks may be served, so as to preserve the surface of the table.
- The room is equipped with a conference telephone.
Please Note: Meetings arranged last minute may be subject to the Dean’s Office staff passing through to the supply room behind the kitchen.
Priority of the DCR is to serve the needs of the Dean. This may result in a cancellation of your reservation should an emergency arise. We apologize in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.