To access NYUHome, admitted students need to have a NetID, a password, and a University ID number (applicants are assigned a University ID number at the time of application).
Obtaining your NetID
- To obtain your NetID, log on to https://start.nyu.edu.
- Click on the link on the right that says "Don't know your NetID?"
- You will then be prompted to input your University ID number, date of birth and personal email address, if you have one.
- After you have entered this information, click on "Continue" and you will be assigned a NetID.
After obtaining your NetID
- Once you have obtained your NetID go back to https://start.nyu.edu.
- Toward the bottom of the page you will see a place to input your NetID and password.
- Fill in your NetID and click "Start" (leave the password blank). This will prompt you to create a password, allowing you to log onto NYUHome. Passwords should be a mixture of letters and symbols, such as a combination of letters and punctuation.
Activating your NYU Google Apps account
- Once you have activated your NetID and created a password, please be sure to activate your NYU Google Apps account.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on https://start.nyu.edu.
- After you have obtained your NetID and password you are free to access the off-campus housing list.
- Log on to NYUHome and enter your NetID and password, and click on "go."