GSAS Application Resource Center
GSAS actively seeks scholars with a wide variety of backgrounds, ideas, and interests to join our student body. All applicants must possess a bachelor's degree (or equivalent international credential) and demonstrate motivation, intellectual curiosity, and the promise of great scholarly achievement. Additional requirements vary by program.
This page contains quick links to help you find the information you need to complete your application for admission.
Application for Admission
- Programs accepting applications for Spring 2015
- Online application *The Summer & Fall 2015 application is now available*
- GSAS Application Guide
Non-Degree Application Instructions page.
- Application Instructions
- Application Policies
- Non-Degree Application Instructions
- GSAS Summer Session 2014 Application Instructions
- Troubleshooting Guide for Uploading Documents (PDF)
Requirements and Deadlines
- Application Requirements and Deadlines (PDF) *Updated 10/31/14*
- Statement of Purpose requirements for applicants to Journalism
Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Application FAQ
- Letters of Recommendation FAQ
- GRE and TOEFL FAQ
- Academic Transcripts FAQ
- Admissions FAQ
- International Students FAQ
- Do you have my application materials?
- Email Addresses for Departments and Programs (PDF)
- Mailing Addresses for Graduate Enrollment Services (PDF)
- Letter of Recommendation Form (Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis ONLY)
- Letter of Recommendation Form (all other programs)
- Document Cover Sheet
- Supporting Materials Tracking System (SMTS)
Find out which of your application supporting materials have been received by Graduate Enrollment Services.
- Application Addresses--Corrections and Updates (AACU)
Correct or update the email, permanent, or mailing address listed on your application.
- GSAS News and Information
Receive the latest news and information about the Graduate School and upcoming events via email.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Program
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Program
Need additional assistance?
Contact Graduate Enrollment Services
Visit One-Half Fifth Avenue. Walk-in hours, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Call +1 212 998 8050.