GSAS Application Resource Center
GSAS actively seeks scholars with a wide variety of backgrounds, ideas, and interests to join our student body. All applicants must possess a bachelor's degree (or equivalent international credential) and demonstrate motivation, intellectual curiosity, and the promise of great scholarly achievement. Additional requirements vary by program.
This page contains quick links to help you find the information you need to complete your application for admission.
Application for Admission
- Online application
- GSAS Application Guide
- GSAS programs accepting applications for 2017
*Updated September 13, 2016*
Non-Degree Application Instructions page.
- Application Instructions
- Application Policies
- Non-Degree Application Instructions
- GSAS Summer Session 2016 Application Instructions
- Troubleshooting Guide for Uploading Documents
Requirements and Deadlines
- Programs, Requirements and Deadlines *Updated September 8, 2016*
- Statement of Purpose requirements for applicants to Journalism
Frequently Asked Questions
- Letters of Recommendation FAQ
- GRE, TOEFL and IELTS FAQ
- Academic Transcripts FAQ
- Admissions FAQ
- International Students FAQ
- Do you have my application materials?
- Mailing Addresses for Graduate Enrollment Services
- Supporting Materials Tracking System (SMTS)
Find out which of your application supporting materials have been received by Graduate Enrollment Services.
- Application Addresses--Corrections and Updates (AACU)
Correct or update the email, permanent, or mailing address listed on your application.
- GSAS News and Information
Receive the latest news and information about the Graduate School and upcoming events via email.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Program
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Program
- IELTS Program
Need additional assistance?
Contact Graduate Enrollment Services
Visit One-Half Fifth Avenue. Walk-in hours, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Call +1 212 998 8050.