NYU GSAS Application Instructions
The instructions for the application are divided into 7 sections:
- Application Overview
- Application Deadlines
- Application Fees
- Test Scores
- Submitting the Application
1. Application OverviewA look at the questions you will be asked as part of the application process, and the supporting materials you will need to provide, can be found on the GSAS Application Guide. Please also refer to the GSAS Application Policies page.
2. Application Deadlines
Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Eastern (New York City) time on the deadline dates listed in Application Requirements and Deadlines for Departments and Programs. This includes all supporting materials. If an application deadline date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal U.S. holiday, then the next business day will be the deadline date.
Please allow sufficient time for official test scores to arrive at the Graduate School--schedule your test dates accordingly. Please refer to the Test Scores section below for more details.
Financial Aid Deadline. An application must be submitted by the deadline date to be eligible for Graduate School and departmental fellowships and other awards. No other forms are required for consideration.
3. Application Fees
The application fee for all programs (except the M.S. and M.S.-M.B.A. programs in Mathematics in Finance) is $100. The application fee for the M.S. and M.S.-M.B.A. programs in Mathematics in Finance is $120.
The application fee is nonrefundable.
4. Test Scores
Answers to questions about policies and procedures for the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS can be found in the GRE, TOEFL and IELTS FAQ.
Answers to many questions about our policies and procedures for academic transcripts can be found in the Academic Transcripts FAQ.
When you apply online, one (1) official academic transcript, mark sheet, or final grades sheet (and English translation, if required) from each institution you attended should be uploaded on one of the “Transcript Upload” pages as part of your online application. If uploaded, you should NOT send official copies of your transcripts to Graduate Enrollment Services at this time. If you are offered admission, you will be requested to provide an official copy. The baccalaureate or equivalent transcript should clearly indicate conferral of your undergraduate degree. If you are currently completing your baccalaureate, you should upload a transcript showing your academic record through your most current year of study. See GSAS Application Page 1 Instructions for more information.
If you are not able to upload a transcript in the online application for an unusual technical reason, then you must send a copy to the Graduate School (see mailing instructions below).
6. Submitting the ApplicationMost if not all of your application should be submitted online, except for those materials that cannot be included (CDs/DVDs, bound printed material, etc.). Test scores are submitted electronically to the Graduate School by the GRE and TOEFL programs. If you must send supporting materials to the Graduate School, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not mail the Graduate School a duplicate paper copy of your online application.
- When possible, all materials should be submitted as part of one package to speed processing.
- Use your personalized Document Cover Sheet from your online application, found in Step 4: Supplemental Forms.
- Write the program name and degree for which you are applying on the outside of the mailing envelope.
- The Graduate School does not accept applications or supporting materials sent by fax or email.
- All application materials must be received by the deadline date.
Mailing Instructions--Mail supporting materials to the appropriate address shown below.
|U.S. Postal Service
(including Express and Priority Mail)
|DHL, FedEx, UPS, and all other express services
(not the U.S. Postal Service)
NYU GSAS Graduate Enrollment Services
P.O. Box 907
New York, NY 10276-0907
NYU GSAS Graduate Enrollment Services
One-half Fifth Avenue, Garden Level
New York, NY 10003
phone: (212) 998-8050