Application Frequently Asked Questions: Uploading
It is simple to add documents to your online application, such as your statement of purpose, writing sample (if required), résumé, academic transcripts and other supporting materials. The purpose of this troubleshooting guide is to outline the process and give you some helpful tips so that you are sure to do this successfully.
Uploading a Document
To upload a document, first prepare the document on your computer and save it. Then do the following:
- Go to the section of the application where you would like to upload your document (e.g., Statement of Purpose, Resume/CV, Writing Sample(s))
- Click the "Choose File" button and locate the file on your computer. Double-click the file to select it. You will see the file name appear to the right of the "Choose File" button. Click the gray "Upload" button.
- A little dot will move around the screen indicating that the file is being uploaded and after which will show the upload date (day’s date).The upload date is to the left of the file name and the options to preview what you just uploaded or to delete the document you just uploaded to the right of the file name (e.g., 12/01/2016 - Submission Requirements Recipe Book.pdf - 22 page(s)).
- To add another document, simply click – ‘add another’.
- Once this is completed, you can continue to the other sections in the application.
I Have a Hard Copy, Not a Computer File
You will need to convert it into an electronic file by using a scanner. When you scan your image, we suggest saving the document in either a PDF or JPEG format so it is as small as possible. Other file formats that are accepted are GIF,TIFF and Bitmap. Once you have scanned and saved your image, you can upload it using the instructions above.
Still Having Problems?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org