Students complete a hybrid program of study consisting of 24 points in Journalism and 16 points in International Relations. The 24 points in Journalism include a 2-point directed reading for the Master’s project and a 2-point internship in an IR-related or journalism outlet.
Core Journalism Courses (20 points):
- Writing, Research and Reporting I, JOUR-GA 1021
- Writing, Research and Reporting II, JOUR-GA 1022
- Any Three Journalism Electives (at least 2 reporting)
Core IR Courses: (16 points):
- International Relations, INTRL-GA 1700
- Global and International History, INTRL-GA 1600
- International Relations electives (8 points)
- Directed Reading, JOUR-GA 1229 (2 points)
- Internship, JOUR-GA 1290 (2 points)
Total: 40 points
The International Relations electives are defined as any course listed under International Relations course code, INTRL-GA. Students cannot double-count core or required courses as elective courses.