To truly succeed in your job or career, you need to go beyond just "doing a good job." Work-life has gotten more complicated; you need to actively manage your career trajectory, your work relationships, and your bosses' perceptions of your work. How to do this? By following the "six keys" to job success:
1. The old goal was "Job Security"; The new goal is "Marketability."
2. Manage Up, Down and Across
3. Know when it's time to move on.
4. Develop a longer-term vision and a detailed plan. Have a "career" not a "job".
5. Build and maintain a network
6. Demonstrate leadership, from whatever level you are at in the organization.
Join Robert Hellmann, of www.hellmannconsulting.com and author of Advanced LinkedIn, to discuss how following these precepts will enable you to boost your on-the-job success, and set yourself up for the raises, promotions, and career advancement opportunities you want. We will also discuss specifically the elements that need to be in place for you to get promoted.
Co-presented by Arts and Science Alumni Relations, Steinhardt Alumni Relations and the Wasserman Center for Career Development. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.